Join Lucasfilm Executive Editor Jonathan Rinzler in conversation with authors Jeffrey Brown (Vader’s Little Princess) and Daniel Wallace (Book of Sith), and be sure to enter Chronicle Books’ May the 4th giveaway!
Archive for ‘May the 4th Be With You’
Years before I started working in events at Lucasfilm, I worked in the kitchen at Skywalker Ranch. I’ve since traded a chef’s knife for a laptop, but every once in a while I get to play in the kitchen again.
To help celebrate May the 4th I was asked to create some recipes for Star Wars-themed mocktails. Each drink had to combine fun Star Wars elements into something delicious to drink. Challenge accepted!
Star Wars Day is one of my favorite days of the year, but not just for the obvious reasons. Sure, it’s a day when the global fan community can come together and celebrate the greatest entertainment franchise in human history. And sure, many companies offer discounts and other special offers on their Star Wars products to reward the diehard fans who are scouring the Internet for them. But the Star Wars theme is only half of what makes May the 4th so great. The other half: puns, my favorite genre of comedic humor.
For one day only, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will offer a Limited Time Magic event for the annual, fan-proclaimed Star Wars Day, May 4 — a date that Star Wars fans worldwide turn into a celebratory pun, “May the 4th be with you!”
Separate from our month-long Star Wars Weekends special event (which begins May 17), this Limited Time Magic celebration features special Star Wars-themed entertainment, including characters, exclusive merchandise, a dance party and a fireworks show to cap off the day.
Happy Star Wars Day! Every year on May 4th, fans everywhere celebrate Star Wars online and in person. While every day is Star Wars Day for many hardcore fans, this is the best time to remind everyone else that the Force is everywhere.
Here’s a roundup of some news stories celebrating Star Wars Day!
- Yes, It’s Star Wars Day! (Pop Candy – USA Today)
- “Forced” or Not, There’s a Star Wars Day (NBC Los Angeles)
- May the 4th Be With You (TheForce.net)
- May the 4th be with you (Brisbane Times)
- Monday is Happy Star Wars Day (Science Dude)
- May the Fourth Be With You (Flickr Group)
- May the Fourth Be With You (Los Angeles Times)
- Mwaahhhhh! (Chewie says: happy Star Wars Day!) (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Star Wars Day at McCoy Stadium (MinorLeagueBaseball.com)
- Star Wars Day declares the “4th” to be with everyone (College News)
- Star Wars fans celebrate unofficial holiday, ‘May the Fourth Be With You’ (New York Daily News)
- Star Wars Day: May the Fourth Be with You (Associated Content)