While everyone knows Darth Vader for his intimidating black helmet, another famous fella can be spotted a mile away — even way up in the sky — from his signature headwear as well.
To celebrate the holiday season, here’s a handy guide on how to make festive Santa (and elf) hats for your Star Wars action figures, statues and toys!
What You Need:
1. Red and Green felt
2. Red and Green construction paper
3. Red and Green ribbon
5. Craft glue
6. Needle and thread
11. Adult-sized Santa hat
1. Cut small circles of different sizes (to fit various heads of your toys) from construction paper. These will serves as your guides to cut circles out of your felt, ribbon, fabric and other materials.
2. Take one of the circles and roll into a cone shape. Paperclip the edges together in case you need to reshape the fabric before you glue or sew.
3. Place the cone hat on top of different toys to see which one it fits. If you need to resize it, take off the paperclip and roll the cone again until you get the size you want.
4. Once you have the cone hat the size you want, use craft glue along the edges you want to seal. Keep the paper clip on so it can stay in position as it dries. If you want a fancier hat (especially if you’re using felt) have an adult sew the edges together instead of using craft glue.
5. To make the trim and ball for the hat, roll the cotton into little puffy balls and strips.
6. Next, glue the strips along the bottom and put a tiny cotton ball on top. Use your real Santa hat as a guide. Or just wear the hat as you make little ones.
7. Good job, you’ve just made your first Santa hat! Happy Holidays!