“Return of the Jedi” print by Olly Moss
Collectors and fans who’d like to add something a little different to their Star Wars art collection should check out this new series of art prints from Mondo.
Mondo is the Alamo Drafthouse’s collectible art boutique, featuring designs from world famous artists based on licenses for popular TV and movie properties including Star Wars, Star Trek and Universal Monsters.
These prints are VERY limited in run and are snatched up by collectors quickly, selling out in mere minutes. So if you want to know which prints are on sale and when, follow MondoNews on Twitter!
Here’s the most recent print Original Trilogy Prints by Olly Moss — 24″x36″ screen print. Hand numbered. Printed by D&L Screen Printing. Each has an edition of 400. These prints go on sale Monday, Dec. 20, 2010.
Olly Moss tells Wired:
“It was so intimidating! There is such a wealth of great Star Wars art out there already, from paid professionals and from enthusiastic fans. I suppose my main aim was to make a set of Star Wars posters that were a little different from what people are used to seeing from the franchise, but still retained that essential Star Wars feel. I started by re-watching the original movies with a sketchbook on my lap, and just sort of went from there.”
“Star Wars” print by Olly Moss
“The Empire Strikes Back” print by Olly Moss
Read more about the Mondo Star Wars prints here:
- Mondo Releases Limited-Edition Star Wars Art
- Mondo Bantha Print
- Mondo Sanctuary Moon Print
- Mondo Greedo Print
- Mondo R2-D2 Print
- Mondo Star Wars Cantina Print
- Mondo Chewbacca Print
- Mondo Darth Vader Print
- Mondo “Palace” Star Wars Print
- Mondo “Salacious Crumb” Print
- Mondo “Bounty Hunters – Wave 1″ Print
- Mondo “Bounty Hunters – Wave 2″ Print
- Mondo Limited-Edition Tatooine Print
- Mondo Limited-Edition Yoda Print
- Mondo Limited-Edition Luke & Yoda Print
- The Droid Art You’re Looking For By Jeff Soto