Always putting on a show wherever they go, the cast, creator, and writers of Family Guy invaded San Diego Comic-Con with a lot of laughs and some exclusive sneak peeks at their next Star Wars special — this time spoofing The Empire Strikes Back — called Something, Something, Something Darkside.
Here are some of the highlights from the panel.
COMIC-CON PANEL HIGHLIGHTS:
(Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane answers fan questions)
- The original title of the upcoming Return of the Jedi spoof that they are already working on was originally titled Episode VI: The Great Muppet Caper, but they thought it might be too confusing for people who might be trying to buy the actual Great Muppet Caper. So the title is now We Have a Bad Feeling About This.
- Something, Something, Something Darkside comes out in Christmas 2009, if they get it done in time.
- Dominic Polcino is the director, who also directed the Star Wars spoof Blue Harvest.
- Fan-favorite actor James Woods is returning to Family Guy in an hour-long whodunit Clue episode coming up, and he also has a cameo role in Something, Something, Something Darkside.
- During Q&A a fan asked if they all enjoy working together. Show creator Seth MacFarlane answered, “We actually do enjoy working with each other. This is a really closely-knit group and we all socialize at lot more than most would on a TV show.” Then the voice actors Seth Green, Mila Kunis, and Alex Borstein agree with MacFarlane by tackling each other with hugs and kisses for the crowd’s enjoyment.
(The voice actors show that they really enjoy working with each other.)
(Family Guy cast members Mila Kunis and Seth Green have some fun.)
Check out all our Family Guy coverage on Starwars.com and on the Official Star Wars Blog.